On Christmas Eve morning, Lily had fun eating frosting and candy while she decorated our gingerbread house. We thought Harrison might enjoy helping too, but his participation was limited to eating M&M's.
Lily put on the majority of the candy decorations herself. We could help her, but she definitely had set ideas for how she wanted it to be decorated.
Lily was so excited to have her very own vanity table or desk, as she called it. She did mention that she doesn't like makeup very much, but once she realized it was only pretend, she was happy to play.
Happy with his cars.
Uncle Matthew showed us he can line up cars like a pro. This was his favorite activity as a young boy. My favorite activity? Turning one around to see if he would notice. He always did.
Back home, reading T'was the Night Before Christmas before bedtime.
The day before, Lily helped me bake cookies for Santa, and I thought both kids would have fun decorating too. Well, Lily was a great helper. Harrison was mortified that I would put any frosting on his cookie. This reminded me of the time that I thought Lily would like to help me frost cupcakes (she wasn't quite two). She was happy to frost, but was scared to try a taste. I put a dab on my finger and stuck it to her lips. She screamed bloody murder and was so mad at me; much like Harrison's response. I had to wipe all of the frosting off of his cookie so he could eat it. I thought I would be cleaning up a big mess, instead, he was clean as can be, not wanting to touch a drop of frosting.
Such funny memories! Harrison and Lily, we love you!