We were able to enjoy some fun family dinners and other quality time with Gran’ma and Aunt Melissa throughout the weekend. I think Lily’s favorite part of the visit may have been her access to Melissa’s iPad. She loved looking through the pictures and playing with apps that we don’t have on ours. She constantly asked to have another turn. (There should be a picture here, but had to remove it.)
Harrison asleep on Grandma’s lap in the evening after not
napping all day.
Lily and Uncle Matthew hanging out before dinner.
On Sunday morning Lily, Gran’ma, and I went to church. Later in the afternoon Gran’ma and Matthew came over to our house for a visit and dinner, while Dad and Karen attended a dinner during Furniture Market. My mom also joined us that evening. Lily enjoyed more quality time with Melissa and Matthew. Harrison spent most of the evening on the laps of two of his grandmas.
Lily requested that Matthew read her several books and draw
pictures together on her magna doodle.
All smiles with Gran’ma.
More reading…
Playing with Lolly.
After dinner, fondue time!
Isn’t this the face of a happy chocolate lover? I’d say the
same for those in the picture above too!
Monday led to a not so pleasant surprise. I spent the morning in
the ER due to a kidney stone. Luckily, Melissa and my mom were there to watch
Lily and Harrison. Due to this unfortunate event, I was unable to go with my
family to The Pinnacle Awards banquet on Monday night. I’d been looking forward
to this night out for a long time. Dad and his team of designers from Stanley
Furniture were nominated for 5 awards. They had a successful night and came
away with 3 of the 5 trophies.
Here is the photo of the winners from Stanley and their
families. (Center: Karen, Dad, Melissa, Grandma)
A picture of the acceptance speeches. Congratulations Dad!
All in all we had a very fun weekend and enjoyed some wonderful
time with our extended family. We wish we could see Melissa much more often,
and grandma too. Maybe once Harrison is a better traveler we can visit Gran’ma
Knapp’time’ again in Pennsylvania. And just maybe I will be able to attend the
awards banquet next year.