Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Our Trip to SciWorks

Last Saturday we went to SciWorks in Winston-Salem for a little family fun.  We were pleasantly surprised to learn that we got in free since we are members of the Greensboro Children’s Museum.  This knowledge helped us cope with Lily’s mantra of the day: “No, I don’t want to.”  They have several rooms to explore and a few areas are above Lily’s interest level, but I thought she would enjoy the animals, the music area, and the health and body area.  As we explored the music room; which has a big piano keyboard on the floor to run and play on, a large guitar on the wall, and many other fun things; Lily was scared of everything.  She didn’t want us touching the instruments and she didn’t want to touch and play either.  Lily loves music and I really thought this would be her favorite area, but I think the volume was just too loud for her. 

IMG_4798
Banging on the pots and pans.

IMG_4799
Harrison was a happy camper.

IMG_4800

IMG_4801
How could Lily not like this?  I thought it was great!

She did enjoy most of the animal exhibits, but they had tunnels and slides that she did not go into because they were too dark inside and those scared her.  We also went to the planetarium for a movie about the Solar System, which she was afraid of initially because it was also dark, but she did end up enjoying some of the movie.  It was a sing-a-long and she liked the singing, even singing the songs when we got home. 

IMG_4804
Puzzle time

IMG_4805
Harrison loved looking at the art work on the walls.

IMG_4806
Watching all of the very colorful fish.

IMG_4808
Fun in the toddler area.
IMG_4810

What has Harrison been up to lately?  Well, he is desperately trying to roll from back to front.  He does very well, but he just can’t pull his arm out from underneath him.  Once I help him over and he is on his stomach, he loves to lift his head and look around.  He’s also become a side sleeper.  As soon as you lay him down for naps or bedtime he rolls to his side and pops his thumb in his mouth.  So cute!

IMG_4796

In addition to our playgroup, we also enjoy play dates with our friends Chrissy, Dani, and Julia.  We met them last year in our music class and Dani and Lily get along very well.  When Chrissy and I found out we were each expecting again we were happy  that our babies would get to play together as well.  Julia was born 2 weeks before Harrison and it has been so fun to watch them grow.  Here are a few pictures from our playtime earlier this week.  However, I forgot to get a picture of the older girls.

IMG_4814
Harrison happy on his tummy after I helped him complete the roll.

IMG_4815
Sharing his toys with Julia.

IMG_4816