Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Week 35

I can't believe it's week 35 out of a normal 40. I also can't believe I haven't done a blog post in a long time. But 35 weeks...wow. I would think that, normally, I would be at ease. I mean, it's over a month away. But we've known two couples that had their babies 5 weeks early, and another had theirs 2 weeks early...and all are their firsts. So much for that "the first child is always late" theory.

I continue to be in complete amazement at Sarah's tummy and how big it is. Yes, I said my wife's tummy is big. 35 weeks ago, I wouldn't be here right now after saying that...and 5 weeks from now, same thing. But it's just amazing what she's doing. She's getting more and more uncomfortable, more and more tired, but is doing everything right. She's already a wonderful mom! And wow, those birthing classes (we're on #3 of 5)...those are quite an experience. Scare tactics will not work on the Klingmans! Oh, and a funny side note about those classes: we actually know people in there. One couple is in our Sunday School class. Another couple, the husband is a client of mine. And it turns out, his wife graduated high school with Sarah, and they used to run with the same crowd. This town is amazing (in that regard).

We had a doctor's appointment today with our regular doctor (we've been meeting all of the doctors in the practice for the past several weeks), and everything is perfect: belly size and Baby's heartbeat are right on target, and the doctor is pretty sure that Baby has turned upside down. We'll start going every week now for checkups...we even have one scheduled July 1 (our due date is July 2), and I thought, "I don't want to have to drive up here twice in two days". :)

Things are coming together around the house. I've finally finished all of the major projects. The house is finally painted, the garage is organized, the front yard looks good (backyard is another story), and the baby furniture and accessories are being assembled. I put together the glider and bouncy seat this weekend, and still have a few items to go. Given other delivery schedules (see paragraph 1), I think we'll install the car seat this weekend. There are still so many little things to be done, but as I keep telling people, if she arrived tomorrow, we're in good shape: we have most everything, and all of the important stuff (crib, changing table, glider, stroller, car seat, bassinet) are assembled and ready. The last very important thing to do: get the car battery replaced. At its last check-up, I was told that it was nearing the end of its life, and we can't have a dead battery on labor day!

This past weekend, Sarah relaxed at home while I went and helped our good friends move from Jacksonville, NC to Danville, VA. It was scary being 3 hours away from Sarah, but she survived the weekend, and I plan to not leave her anymore. That is, until football season...then, I leave to go sit on the couch. :)

Despite our eyes being wide open knowing that we're 5 weeks away, we're very excited and ready! We unfortunately haven't taken any belly pictures recently, but we'll try to get one after church this weekend in her Sunday Best. Stay tuned.