Friday, May 8, 2009

32 Weeks


On May 2nd I had my first baby shower in Raleigh, NC. Justin's parents came down for the weekend so Charlotte could attend the shower with me. My mom also drove down to join the festivities. We had a wonderful time! The food was delicious, the games were entertaining, and the best part was that I was surrounded with wonderful friends and family to celebrate with me. I think a good time was had by all! Our baby girl kicked the whole time I opened presents. It's never to early to enjoy getting fun toys and pretty clothes!

This week Justin and I also attended two classes--breastfeeding and infant CPR. I think the first month or so will be a little overwhelming just because of the number of feedings and the fact that Justin can't help out with bottle feeding at first. But, everyone survives it so I know I will too.

At our last doctor's appointment we were surprised with a quick ultrasound. Justin asked the doctor if he could feel how the baby was positioned. He said no, but let's take a quick look. Right now she is laying across my belly her head to my right side and feet to the left. She's not positioned head down yet but the doctor said there was plenty of time for her to turn. We continue to see (and I continue to feel) a lot of movement each day.