I am relaxing and enjoying my week off from work. Justin and I are going to the beach on Thursday for a quick vacation before heading back to work. Today I spent a wonderful hour at the spa enjoying a prenatal massage--a Christmas present from Dad and Karen. Thanks to both of you! It was great!
Justin is continuing to paint the trim in our new guest room tonight. Once that is finished we will be able to move furniture and will finally be able to begin setting up the nursery.
Since we are now in the third trimester I will be going to the doctor every two weeks for brief checkups. I received an additional ultrasound last week. I woke up one morning and did not feel the baby moving as I normally do. I was already scheduled for an appointment that day, so I let the doctor know my concerns. She hooked me up to a monitor for a non-stress test. I began feeling the baby move and her heart rate was normal. Just to be on the safe side she ordered an ultrasound to check the amniotic fluid levels. Everything was fine and right on target for 28 weeks. The exciting part was that I got to see pictures of our baby girl continuing to grow and discovered she is now 2 lbs 12 oz. Since then I have continued to feel her move very regularly. The doctor said that she may have just been having a lazy morning as we all might have occasionally.