Our sweet little guy is growing so fast. He's definitely reminding us of what age two is all about. We get lots of fun and laughter along with plenty of whining and fussing. This is an example of many of our day to day conversations.
H: I want more chips.
Me: You can have more chips if you eat your sandwich.
H: Can I have chips please?
Me: What do you need to do first?
H: (Clearly exasperated) I need to get chips! Why aren't you listening to me!
Hmm, as you can see we were at an impasse since neither was bound to give in. He ended his lunch refusing to eat anymore. He is refusing to eat a lot lately, even rejecting his favorite dishes. I know this is normal so I guess he will eat when he's hungry enough.
Some of my favorite Harrison phrases:
- It smells like. (Whether something smells bad or good, but he notices a different scent, this is what he says.)
- Pick I up. (For some reason for just a few weeks he got his pronouns confused and said I instead of me).
- I so disappointed. (If he is upset about something, rather than saying he is sad or mad, he gives us a sad puppy dog look and this phrase).
Harrison loves to ride his tricycle, but generally refuses to use the pedals. Reasoning with a two year old is not an easy task. How can we make him understand that using the pedals is easier when he believes he rides faster by propelling himself forward like Fred Flinstone in his car?
He loves all things related to construction machines, cars, trucks, and trains. And right now, he is really into building skyscrapers as you can see.
He easily picks up all of Lily's "big kid" sayings. We get a lot of "this is taking forever!" or "I so bored!"
Harrison loves to look at/read books. One of his new favorite things to do is listen to interactive books on the i-Pad. Sometimes he will read along with the book, other times you will hear him giggling as the story is read. This is a picture of his favorite page (knocking the bricks down) of his favorite story, The Monster at the End of This Book.
Lately he shows a bit of interest in potty training. Maybe once a day he will attempt to sit on the potty. However, most of the time he says he prefers his diaper. Justin and I have decided that we will not push potty training until after we get back from Disney World. Besides, I'm not as stressed about it this time around because we don't have a baby on the way. I was much more concerned about getting Lily trained before Harrison was born.
Harrison still loves to be cuddled and rocked, which I love! And I love that when I pick him up, he immediately runs his fingers through my hair. I think that is so sweet.
We love you little guy--fits, fusses, giggles, and all!