Thursday, June 26, 2014

Celebrating Dad!


 A dad who allows his kids to cover him with puzzle pieces has to be special!

Happy Father's Day to a great dad!  Per Justin's request, we spent the day enjoying  the pool and then grilled steaks for dinner.  I love it when we have a quiet and relaxing weekend.  Unfortunately, we didn't take any actual pictures on Father's Day...oops. 



Just as Lily painted a portrait of me for Mother's Day, she also painted one for Justin.  She shared some information about her dad on the back of the painting by answering the following questions:

My dad is 18 years old.

His favorite food is brussel sprouts.  Side note:  Whenever Justin is trying to hide something from the kids (cookies, for example), when asked what he is eating, his response is always brussel sprouts.

When my dad goes to work, he talks to his friends.  (I knew it!)

My dad's favorite thing to do at home is tickle me and put me on his shoulders.

I like it when my dad plays Candy Land with me.

I'm sure if Harrison had answered some of the above questions, his response would be that he loves to play tackle with daddy. 

Our kiddos are blessed with a wonderful dad.  We love you!