Happily showing off his favorite letter.
Harrison is also very much into cars. He has recently begun lining up his cars and getting them "just right".
He also likes to use his books to make a ramp and loves to balance the cars right on the top edge and then push them down. He is able to spend a lot of time independently with this activity, but every once in a while he calls "Mommy" and pats the floor next to him. He wants me to play, but when I touch a car he will frequently get mad and grab it away saying, "No, nine (mine)!
The other day after getting mad at me for taking a car, he made this very mean face. Lily used to make a very similar face!
A few other things I want to remember about Harrison at this age:
- His eating habits have definitely changed. He is extremely picky right now and will not eat foods that he used to love such as pasta, grapes, pancakes, and french fries.
- I think he has learned the "clean up" song at the gym. So at random times throughout the day he will decide that it is clean up time. He will start to hum or sing the song, and makes a bee line for Lily's things, grabbing them out of her hand and trying to clean up. This makes Lily angry; I think it's pretty funny.
- At bedtime, after we've read books and said our prayers, Harrison likes to pretend that he is a train, bulldozer, fire truck, etc. as I drive him to bed and lay him down. I have to ask him, "do you want to be a ___?" several times as he answers no, no, no, and finally yes.
- I know that almost every mother does not get to go to the bathroom alone when home with young children. But, Harrison takes it to another level. He comes into the bathroom and says "potty too" and then attempts to sit on my lap while I am sitting on the toilet. No privacy and no personal space!
- Caillou is Harrison's favorite show. He loves to watch and will sit completely still through the entire show. This is the only cartoon that he will watch from beginning to end. This is a life-saver while I am preparing dinner. Justin doesn't like the show at all, but I'm just thankful that it isn't Barney.
- Harrison loves when we all do something together. If he is doing something that he thinks is fun (like running), he will call your name, point to you, and make sure that you are joining in the fun.
- Harrison can say several words and can put 3 words together. Most recently, "Lily, have it!" As in, let me have it Lily. He also likes to pick up the phone and say, "he-wo, how you?" And while he says many things very clearly, he now says nome for no, and my favorite word this fall--upakey for pumpkin.
- He loves bath time and just recently noticed the drain stopper. Ours has a little knob on top and twists to open or shut. He thinks this is a "blalala," his word for pacifier. This gave me a little more insight on why he did the most disgusting thing of his life so far. When we were at the beach in August, he grabbed the tub stopper and put it in his mouth (the side that goes into the drain). He is still alive, but I was completely grossed out by this. I guess he just assumed it was another pacifier.
- The other day I sneezed, and Harrison said in the sweetest little voice, "bess you". Isn't he just so precious?