Harrison got his first haircut by Mommy. He was a little wiggly, but this was short and sweet. I just had to cut a few pieces that curled in the back, but were getting a little long. No need for a before and after picture, because I don't think you would be able to tell much of a difference.
Justin's parents came for a weekend visit and probably left much more exhausted than they were when they arrived. Lily and Harrison kept them very busy. The agenda was play, play, and more play. Harrison was quite happy with his new trucks. Lily could not stop showing off her amazing hula-hooping skills, and was also happy with her new magnifying glass and book about bugs. The weekend was rainy, but we did manage some outdoor play time. We also celebrated Justin's birthday a few days early. Justin and Lily were thrilled to have more cake! I think because the kids were so busy and active, we didn't take as many pictures as usual. Well, granddad took lots, but we only had two on our camera and one didn't turn out. So, here is Grammy reading with Harrison.
Here are some pictures from Justin's birthday dinner and family party. We had a quick dinner at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants, then came back home for cake and presents. Happy Birthday, Daddy. We love you!
I really need to remember that the decorating gel and chocolate frosting do not go together.
Watching the candle intently.
Always a favorite discovery; Harrison found out about the joys of unrolling a nice long roll of toilet paper. At first he appeared a little worried, but he soon gave me a big grin.
Showing me his work.
I just had to share pictures of Lily's toilet paper adventures too. She was 14 months old when she discovered the roll (H. was 16 months). Lily dragged the TP through the kitchen making a bigger mess. :) Lily has been very interested in talking about life before she was born. What was I like when I was little? What did Daddy look like? Where was she and why wasn't she there? When Lily knows that something happened before she was born (our wedding, for example), she says, "Oh, that was when I was broken apart." She understands that she grew and formed in mommy's belly and that God made her, so obviously when she wasn't here she was "broken apart." I think her thought is really cute. I love to see the mind of a 4-year old at work!
Harrison is developing quite a vocabulary now. New words we've heard lately: baby, hi, Chee (cheese)-- he said this unprompted when he saw me with a camera, boo (when he is hiding from us and pops out), Yayee (Lolly), Pops, acks (Jacks), Papa, nack (snack), mmm hmm (answering in the affirmative), NOT (answering no), ocks (socks), cacka (cracker), yikes! (copying Lily--she screams this when he tries to poor water on her in the bathtub and they both laugh hysterically). He also tries to mimic or repeat just about pretty much anything we say. He is so ready to talk.
This weekend Justin took the kids out to play and Harrison was hot, sweaty, and red-faced. We took his clothes off to let him cool down a little. Then I thought, we don't have many (if any) pictures of him just in a diaper so let's take some pictures. He loved running around undressed.
We have had lots of fun in July. We are looking forward to a wonderful August. Summer, as always, is flying by.