Thursday, May 9, 2013

Weekly Activities

We signed Lily up for a six-week soccer class called Little Kickers.  Lily's friends Russell and Dani are also part of the group, so she was not at all hesitant to join in the fun.  She loves her teacher, Ms. Shannon, and each week they practice dribbling, trapping, passing, and scoring goals!  Here are a few pictures of what Lily does in a typical class.  Harrison cannot wait to join!  He can dribble the ball across the turf field easily and hates being on the sidelines.

Dribbling whichever direction the teacher tells them to go.

Kicking as hard as they can!

Dribbling down the field to score a goal!
 
 Huddle

Lily is screaming, "Daddy, watch this!"

Trapping the ball.

More dribbling.  The kids are very slow and precise.


Run and kick!


While Lily is in preschool, Harrison and I go to music class on Tuesday mornings.  He loves it!  We listen to music, participate in rhymes and finger plays, and use sticks, shakers, and drums to make music.  It's a very small class--four kids, which I think is the perfect size for toddlers...not too overwhelming and lots of smiles and attention from the teacher.

Banging sticks together is always fun.

I want someone to buy me a pony...not too fat and not too boney...
 
Harrison loves listening to Mrs. Evan sing.
 
I do like having the kids participate in a few activities each week.  I wonder what we will do for the summer?  Lily asks every night before bed what we will do the next day.  I have to have a good answer or she's not happy.