On Easter morning Lily and Harrison found their baskets and dug right into their treats. Both kids loved the shape puzzles, and Harrison looked so cool in his new shades.
This year we didn't even get a family picture dressed up for church. We traveled to Martinsville to spend the day with Lolly and Pops. Here are just a few pictures from the day. As you can see, Harrison loved dessert and provided a little after dinner entertainment for us.
Harrison is certainly fun to watch these days. He comes up with some wacky ideas sometimes. As I said earlier, both kids really like their new shape puzzles. Here is Harrison's favorite way to play...
Harrison also enjoys playing with his cars. He likes to set up his small track and watch the cars race down. However, instead of pushing the button with his finger, he holds on to the track with both hands and lifts his foot to hit the lever. It reminds me of flushing a toilet with your foot when using a public restroom. I don't know what made him think to try this, but he is quite pleased with himself.
This week Lily has shown great interest in drawing, which is something she hasn't really ever wanted to do. She enjoys trying to print various letters and shapes, but other than that she's not ever attempted people or objects. I set out the paper and markers and was surprised when she called me over to see the drawing of herself and Harrison. I think it looks like two cute Mr. Potato Heads, but for a first attempt at drawing people, I think she did pretty well.
And of course I have to throw in a bath picture. I wanted to start bathing the kids together, but it is truly too difficult. Harrison slips and slides all over the tub. He LOVES to be splashed and have water poured over his face (if you stop, he hands you the cup and signs more). He gets so excited that he flails around dangerously in the tub. Lily loves trying to splash him, but hates that he splashes her. The two couldn't be more different when it comes to what they find fun about playing in the water. It will be very interesting to see Harrison in the pool this summer. Lily only gets the tip of her ponytail wet, basically wanting to stay dry from the neck up. I think Harrison will want to be dunked!