Like the party last year, we heard the story of Jesus' birth, made a Christmas tree ornament, played games, and ate cake of course. Harrison, ever ready to be on the move, found a chair that he could push around as a walker all over the room. He liked watching the other kids and also had fun trying to get at the wheels of the many strollers there.
Listening to the story of Jesus' birth.
Playing a guess the animal sounds game.
Writing a letter to Jesus.
Showing me the dove ornament she made.
Walking around the room.
On the way home Lily told me that she wanted to go to Heaven later and see Jesus. I told her that one day we will all go to Heaven, but we weren't ready to go just yet. She said that was fine and that we would wait until after dinner. :) I guess it isn't easy to explain to a child that going to Heaven is a good thing, but we don't want to go too soon.
During the weekend we went to Grey Gables in Summerfield to see Santa. This is the second year we've visited here, and while they do have some nice things for the kids to do, I have to say I am NOT pleased with the hired Santa and photographer. Harrison was smiling and laughing and Lily was willing to stand next to Santa and tell him what she wanted for Christmas. I was hoping for a good picture, but the one they took shows neither child smiling and Santa just looks bored. I took one photo (this one) before they told me I couldn't take anymore. I wish I could have gotten just one more of Harrison's sweet smile. He was very interested in Santa's beard and seemed quite happy on his lap.
Helping Lily make a Rudolph ornament.
Time for a cookie break.
Lily loved watching the ducks in the pond.
We met Daddy at work on Wednesday night, and after a quick dinner at Chick-fil-a, drove to Winston-Salem to see the Tanglewood lights. This was somewhat of a family tradition when I was growing up and I want to continue the tradition with Lily and Harrison. Last year Lily was very excited and kept saying, "we're at Christmas!" This year, she was most excited to get out of the carseat and stand next to us as we drove slowly through the lights. She loved pointing out all that she saw and she was quite unhappy when we left. I was hopeful that Harrison would be interested, but he mostly cried, even when I held him on my lap. To be fair, we are all fighting a virus, so maybe he just wasn't in his usual good mood.
The Entrance
Santa waving from a bridge.
Lily and Harrison before we let them get out of their seats.
A bicyclist...a nod to the Tour of Tanglewood, which Justin participated in once.
Lily and Daddy...all smiles.
Harrison taking a break from crying.
Justin's favorite...the train.
I wanted to get a few more pictures, but Harrison was crying too much and was too wiggly for me to hold him and successfully use the camera.