Look who’s 6 months old. This cute little guy!
It was difficult to get many good shots because he was on the move!
Harrison has done a few new things in the last week leading up to this big milestone. He’s beginning to sit up on his own for brief periods. He REALLY wants to do this and is very proud when he can play upright. His favorite position has always been on his stomach, but now he will fuss if he’s been laying down for too long. He wants to be up and see everything that’s going on…usually Lily’s antics. He is so amused by everything she does, and no one can get him laughing like she can. I hope they can always be this happy together!
Enjoying a relaxing afternoon in the pool.
I’ve also introduced baby food and he’s thrilled. His first food (other than rice cereal and oatmeal) was sweet potatoes and it was love at first bite. No funny faces, no spitting it out, only a wide open mouth for more. Three days later we introduced peas and his reaction was just the opposite. There were bad faces, gagging, spitting, and he was NOT happy. Peas are gradually gaining acceptance, but you can tell he will never be completely happy eating peas. Today we added carrots to the mix. No gagging, but he was a bit more reserved than with the sweet potatoes. I can’t wait to see his reactions to fruit. We’ll add some bananas or pears in a week or so.
So happy to be eating; very upset when the sweet potatoes were all gone.
His new favorite activity is rolling the ball with Lily; or more accurately, holding and hitting the ball like a drum while Lily begs him to roll it and give her a turn. I help him roll and then she holds on to it and bangs it until Harrison starts crying because he wants another turn. Back and forth this goes until Lily grows tired of the game and just gives it to Harrison, who then happily tries to chew it. It is a great balancing tool for him, though.

Today I took Lily for a brief tour of her preschool. We’ll go to student and parent orientation next week, but I thought it would be fun to go this week too. I wanted her to become familiar with the building and her surroundings. Her teacher and teacher assistant were there so she got to meet them and see her classroom. She was a little shy at first, but then didn’t want to leave. Later when we got home and were getting ready for naptime, she told me that she was “so excited about preschool.” Harrison and I will miss her on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.