Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Happy Birthday, Mommy!

Last week, I celebrated my birthday feeling very loved.  Lily began singing me the Happy Birthday Song a few days before my birthday and has continued this quite frequently.  Since I always say birthdays should be celebrated all month long, I am enjoying this.
Funny enough, both my mom and Justin had the idea of taking the day off for my birthday to allow me to sleep in and rest and relax for the day.  Mom came down on Sunday night and we had dinner together, and then Justin and I got to sleep in on Monday.  We all went out to lunch before Mom headed back home. Later, Justin and I went out to dinner while Lily stayed with her new favorite babysitter, Mary. 

The following day, Lily and I enjoyed a fun lunch out with Papa and Grandma Karen.  Lily also received her Valentine’s cards and books at lunch.

My best birthday moments were watching Justin and Lily bake and decorate my birthday cake.  Lily loves to help out in the kitchen and I think they had fun together.

Thank you to all of my friends and family who celebrated with me.  Here are a few pictures from the day.

Lily and Daddy baking the cake.IMG_4290

IMG_4291

Lily decorated with some sprinkles.IMG_4292

Opening cards and presents.  Lily handed me the gifts and then opened them for me as well.IMG_4296

We already have a girl who loves a little blue box.  She didn’t want me to have it, took it away and said, “mine”.IMG_4297

IMG_4298