Lily also gobbled up her first chocolate frosted cupcake tonight. So funny! She was in heaven. Enjoy the pictures.
Thursday, June 9, 2011
Hide The Ball
In order to adjust to these slow, hot days of summer when our typically busy days are not so busy and it's too hot by 10am to venture outside to the playground, I've had to think up some fun activities on the spot. Today Lily and I both had fun with an impromptu game of Hide The Ball (pompom). I must thank my mom for this game because when I was growing up my mom, sister, and I spent a lot of time playing Hide the Thimble. My mom would take a silver thimble and hide it (in plain sight) around the house. So today, I took a small blue pompom and hid it in and around Lily's little pink dollhouse. We had to keep the area quite small in order for her to find it easily. I would tell her to go stand next to the refrigerator and close her eyes and I would place the pompom in the sink of her dollhouse, on the bed, on the chimney, etc. and she would run in and look for it saying, "where ball?" Even in plain sight she would sometimes need a little assistance from me but when she could spot it independently her face would light up and with a huge grin she'd look at me and then happily grab the ball. We played this over and over and tonight before heading upstairs to bed she again told me to "hide ball" so I put it on top of her cup tower and told her that she could find it in the morning. And so our game continues.



Lily also gobbled up her first chocolate frosted cupcake tonight. So funny! She was in heaven. Enjoy the pictures.


Lily also gobbled up her first chocolate frosted cupcake tonight. So funny! She was in heaven. Enjoy the pictures.