Poor Lily had a tough week. She's on the move so much more so we know there are bound to be accidents as she jumps and runs around the house. She's fallen several times this week but on Thursday night she fell into the door leading out to our deck and the result was a black eye. We didn't think to take a picture until Sunday, but you can still make out the bruises on her face. Luckily, on Thursday afternoon before her fall I went out shopping for some summer clothes for Lily and picked up a pair of sunglasses for her. I didn't think she would keep them on but I was wrong. She wears them whenever we let her and she always accessorizes them with a huge grin. We've taught her to say 'cool' when she's wearing her stylish new glasses.
In addition to saying that she's 'cool', Lily is beginning to talk more and more. While she still uses signs, it seems like she has a new word everyday. Her favorites lately are 'mine' and 'no' and I think this pretty much sums up life with a toddler. To her credit, she says both with such a sweet voice that you just can't get mad. Other words that she has picked up over the last few weeks are: mama, daddy, Lily, good girl, keys, baby, wawa (water), help, out, up, off, on, black, purple (she's learning her colors), book, bird, seat, see (she always wants me to lift her up to see what I'm cooking on the stove), meow, Matt (Uncle Matthew), hi, bye, night-night, go, bubbles, and play. We're always so excited to hear her talk with us. Today while sitting on my lap after her nap she made a face as she was chewing on something. I thought she might have a hair or a piece of something in her mouth. I asked her what was in her mouth and she looked up at me, smiled broadly, pointed to her teeth and said 'tee.' What a smart girl!
One of Lily's favorite activities this month is practicing her jumping skills. She does a great job getting both feet off of the floor now and is very proud of herself. She also enjoys playing mommy either with her dolls or most especially with our friend Cole's new baby brother Chase. She still loves musical toys and our music class that we attend once a week. She likes tapping and patting the drum and can do the hand motions to a few of the songs that we've learned in class. However, there is a baby girl that comes to the class with her big brother so guess what Lily is most interested in during class time? Getting close to the baby carrier and touching the baby's hands and feet. I'm so thankful that our little girl has such a kind and gentle spirit. She is a blessing.
In addition to saying that she's 'cool', Lily is beginning to talk more and more. While she still uses signs, it seems like she has a new word everyday. Her favorites lately are 'mine' and 'no' and I think this pretty much sums up life with a toddler. To her credit, she says both with such a sweet voice that you just can't get mad. Other words that she has picked up over the last few weeks are: mama, daddy, Lily, good girl, keys, baby, wawa (water), help, out, up, off, on, black, purple (she's learning her colors), book, bird, seat, see (she always wants me to lift her up to see what I'm cooking on the stove), meow, Matt (Uncle Matthew), hi, bye, night-night, go, bubbles, and play. We're always so excited to hear her talk with us. Today while sitting on my lap after her nap she made a face as she was chewing on something. I thought she might have a hair or a piece of something in her mouth. I asked her what was in her mouth and she looked up at me, smiled broadly, pointed to her teeth and said 'tee.' What a smart girl!
One of Lily's favorite activities this month is practicing her jumping skills. She does a great job getting both feet off of the floor now and is very proud of herself. She also enjoys playing mommy either with her dolls or most especially with our friend Cole's new baby brother Chase. She still loves musical toys and our music class that we attend once a week. She likes tapping and patting the drum and can do the hand motions to a few of the songs that we've learned in class. However, there is a baby girl that comes to the class with her big brother so guess what Lily is most interested in during class time? Getting close to the baby carrier and touching the baby's hands and feet. I'm so thankful that our little girl has such a kind and gentle spirit. She is a blessing.