We have made it to the end (almost)! I have really loved being pregnant but I am certainly uncomfortable now which makes me even more eager for our little arrival. Her due date is July 2nd, but we get to meet her early. She is in a breech position so our doctor has scheduled a c-section for this Friday, June 26th. Justin and I are both really excited about this now, but at first Justin was disappointed that there would be no *surprise* factor involved in the labor. I, on the other hand, was relieved that we had some control over the situation. The doctor assures us that the c-section will take an hour or less. Even though my recovery may be slower, I am certainly happy that I will not have to endure a long labor. Still, it's a good thing that we have kept her name a secret since that will be the only surprise we have to share with everyone on the big day. Another positive aspect of the scheduled c-section is knowing that we have friends and family that will be praying for a healthy baby and safe delivery at the very time it is happening. Your prayers will bring a lot of comfort to us. We look forward to visiting with friends and extended family in a few weeks once we get settled into our new routine, I've recovered from surgery, and Justin and I have had time to bond with our baby girl.
Below are some pictures of the nursery. We love the furniture and rug but are still awaiting some wall decor. I am in search of some picture frames to hang and also have ordered really cute monogrammed initials to hang over her crib. I'm sure by looking at the pictures you can find Justin's special touch. :) I'm not too worried about having the nursery finished late since she will be in our room for the first month or so anyway.
We will send out an email announcing the birth on Friday!
38 1/2 weeks
The nursery
The crib