We had a very easy doctor's appointment today. We heard the baby's heartbeat and the doctor measured my expanding belly at 23 centimeters which is right on target for 23 weeks. I discussed with him some of my latest pregnancy annoyances--a hurting tail bone (all day everyday), indigestion (as I try to fall asleep), and headaches (infrequent but very bad). All of these things are perfectly normal and he said I should not shy away from taking Tylenol for the headaches and Tums for the indigestion. I have been very anti-drugs of any sort but maybe now I will soften my stance on this. After all, I still have 4 1/2 months to go so I might as well try to maintain some level of comfort. As for the tail bone I am going out shopping for a chair cushion this weekend. Sitting in hard plastic child-sized chairs at school all day is not helping the situation.
I am continuing to feel the baby move more throughout the day. The doctor said that Justin should be able to start feeling the movements in the next week or so. Although the other night I was laying in bed and we were waiting for some kicks when we saw one section of my stomach move upward when the baby kicked me. Very weird but exciting and I'm glad Justin saw it too.
In our weekly research of baby development we discovered that week 23 is when eyebrows and eyelashes begin to form, the eyes are continuing to develop, the middle ear bones harden, and skin pigment is added. A lot of changes are happening to our baby girl this week.