Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Spring Fun!

May was a very busy month!  I don't know if we ever have a relaxing month.  Fingers crossed for summer, maybe?  Our biggest event was traveling to Uncle Matthew and Aunt Marijke's wedding in TN.  We packed in quite a bit of fun in just a few days time.  Plus, we always love to spend time with our extended family!

Prior to the wedding trip, Evelyn and I joined Lily and Harrison for the last lunch bunch of the school year.  Evelyn is always thrilled to go to school.  Often in carpool line I will hear her saying, "Evelyn school too".  So she is ready and willing whenever we get a chance to go see the big kids during the day.  Lily and Harrison are always happy to have us drop by.



Just being silly in the kitchen one day.




One day while I wasn't feeling the greatest, I asked Lily to watch Evelyn so I could take a quick shower.  I came out and it was a little too quiet for my comfort!  I had nothing to worry about though.  I found Lily singing lullabies to Evelyn in Harrison's room, while covered in blankets.  It was a very sweet moment and I'm glad I thought to grab my phone for a quick pic.



Lolly came for a visit over Mother's Day weekend and was able to stay for Evelyn's music class on Monday morning.  We were so happy that Lolly could join us.



Lolly also watched Sesame Street with Evelyn and played ball too.  I know Lolly played with Lily and Harrison, but I guess I didn't get any pics this time.  Sorry guys!



Celebrating Mother's Day!


We love looking through previous sweet entries from the kids in my Mother's Day journal before I get to the new ones.

 

Dinner at Firebirds to celebrate moi!  Staring contest while waiting for our food to arrive.  Harrison and Lily always beat me.

Lily and Harrison were super excited to have the opportunity to meet some American Ninja Warriors at Warrior Tech this month.  The show is one of their favorites!  Justin took them to the meet and greet.  They got autographs and then got to play for a bit too.







Dougie Fresh is a local from Fuquay-Varina.  We watched him on tv last year.



A little girl from American Ninja Junior.  Harrison REALLY wants to be on the show one day.


The Weatherman Ninja

Jessi Graf is a favorite!

The kids had so much fun meeting so many of the ninjas they watch on TV.  What a great afternoon spent with Dad!