One week before school started, the kids and I took a trip over to Oakview to walk the halls and play on one of the school playgrounds.
We attended the ribbon cutting ceremony on a VERY hot morning before heading inside to meet her teacher. Lily has Mrs. Eicchorn (Ike-horn), and so far seems very happy with her classmates and teachers. The school staff are very warm and friendly, and appear happy to be part of this great new school.
Lily did not know anyone in her class this year. But on the first day we ran into a few friends from the neighborhood. Pictured: Heidi, Lily, and Lilly
The school mascot is an owl named Owlexander. The kids got to vote on the name. Lily was disappointed...she voted for Holly.
Ready for second grade!
After a quick trip to the beach over Labor Day weekend, Harrison started back to school. Harrison has Ms. Miranda and Ms. Becky. When I first told him his teachers names he thought I said Ms. Ducky. He promptly told me that was a very weird name. After I corrected him, he asked me if he could call her Ducky anyway. He is always looking for a laugh! Lily was eager to wish him luck, and couldn't wait to hear all about his day.
Ready for the 4-year old class!
Signing his name for class attendance. Harrison was the calendar helper too. He was excited to have such an important job on the first day of school.
That evening we celebrated his first day back to school with a football shaped cake that he picked out from the bakery. I think he liked it!
As always, we know this year will fly by all too quickly. Good luck Lily and Harrison! We know that you will both have an amazing year. We love you!











