Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Spring Happenings

Since I have not posted anything in quite awhile, I will attempt to make this a "catch up" on all that we've been doing in the last few months.

We spent time with Justin's family over Easter.  We also visited friends, and saw Aunt Melissa too.  I do have to share this.  Lily picked out a new Easter dress that Grandma Karen kindly bought for her.  But, when Lily saw that her dress also came in a matching mommy style, she asked if I would buy it so we could be twins for Easter.  Melt my heart!  How could I say no to that?  Then we received coordinated jewelry from my mom to complete the look.   Harrison also got a shirt to match.

Our cuties don't like to take pics outside in the sun (even though it was not bright).

Goodies from Aunt Melissa


Melissa joined us for church and brunch.

The kids had fun going on an Easter Egg hunt.


We've also enjoyed several school events.  Harrison had an art show, a cute nursery rhyme performance (Harrison was the cow in Hey, Diddle, Diddle), and a Mother's Day performance.  Lily also had a Mother's Day Tea and a student led conference, meaning she showed me her work portfolio and demonstrated daily activities around the room. 

Harrison was so proud of his work.  His is the top orange one.




Handing me my flower for Mother's Day.




 Mother's Day Tea with Lily's class




Student Led Conference


We had a class picnic (inside due to weather) to celebrate Harrison's last day of school.  Lily was tracked out so she joined us.  It was great fun, and I can't believe the first year is over so quickly.  Great job, buddy!


The school provided ice cream sundaes...yum!

 Mrs. Jen and Mrs. Maureen--two of the sweetest teachers ever!

Finally, Harrison started an 8-week basketball class on Saturday mornings. He LOVES it!  He was worried at first, wondering which team he would be on (am I playing for the Tarheels?)  I think he thought it would be just like the college games we watch on tv, but once he realized it was not, he  had a great time.
 Getting ready to go make some baskets.

Listening to the coach.