Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Fall Fun!



 We always like to find a fun pumpkin patch in the Fall.  We hoped to find something comparable to Razz and Tazz Farm near Greensboro, which has been our tradition for the last few years.  We decided to try Green Acres Farm in Cary, NC and it was great!  There was much to keep us entertained on a beautiful autumn Sunday. 




 The kids enjoyed a slow pony ride.  This softened the blow when we said no to the 30 minute trail ride around the farm.  I didn't trust them on the horses and I wasn't looking forward to the 2+ hour wait.  Maybe when they are older...





It's always fun to play on some farm equipment!

An enormous spider web.



Harrison was hamming it up for our family selfie on the hayride.


A picture of the horseback riders from our hayride.

We found our way out of a large and very muddy corn maze.

The kids also enjoyed the bouncy houses before we left, but I didn't get any pictures from those.  I'd say we will be back next year!

We (well mostly Justin and Lily) enjoyed carving our pumpkin this year.  Though Harrison is smiling in the pictures, he also cried when he got a small dab of pumpkin on his finger.  That was his reaction last year too.  I just realized we never got a picture of the finished product, but the fun was in the scooping!