Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Harrison is off to Preschool!

Harrison came into our room bright and early saying that he "needed some friend time," which meant he wanted to cuddle with me for a bit.  I thought on this particular morning it might be because he was feeling nervous, but then he jumped up and told me that he was excited for his first day of preschool.  Oh, and he absolutely had to wear his new race car shirt on his first day.

Here are a few pictures from our morning.  Lily was also tracking back into school after being off for 3 weeks, so it was fun to see both kids so happy to head off to school.  Harrison looks SO proud and SO happy...until it is time to actually enter his classroom.  I love these two precious faces so much!!













Harrison was all smiles when he saw me in the carpool line and his teacher said he had a great day.  At first he had a hard time remembering details about his day.  When I asked him what he did at school he responded, "I have no idea."  Eventually he began to tell me little snipets like what he did on the playground, how fun it was to eat lunch at school, that he played with the train table, he was not happy that the teachers did not have the cars and car rug out, playdough time in the morning was boring, etc. 

When we got home he asked me to play with him and of course I was ready and willing after my quiet day.  Then we were off to pick up Lily who said she was so proud of Harrison for making it through his first day of school.  Lily asked him all about his day and he was able to tell her a few details.  I think he felt like such a big kid talking to her about his school day as it is always Lily sharing all that she has done.

We are so proud of our new preschooler!  He had a great first week!