Monday, November 21, 2011

Lily and Baby Brother

Lily has really taken an interest in my "big belly" lately. She knows that her little brother is in there and she's begun saying some cute things about him. Yesterday in the bathtub she said that she wanted brother to play in the tub with her so that he could splash her. She also has said that she wants brother to play Legos with her and that he must really want a bowling pin to play with. When she asked me today if he can come out, I told her that he is sleeping and growing in Mommy's belly for a little while longer. So she said, "let's shake him and wake him up" and proceeded to place both hands on my belly and shake. Let's hope she doesn't decide to shake him awake when he's actually here! Even though Lily is excited to meet her new baby she doesn't let me forget that I'm HER mommy. She did not like it when I explained that I would be her brother's mommy too. I guess we'll see how this all plays out in a few short months.


Lily giving Baby Brother a hug.


Belly picture 22 weeks

On a totally different subject, Lily makes us laugh on a daily basis. Lately when we're out to eat and Lily asks to get up, we usually tell her that we can't leave until we get the check. Today we met Justin out for lunch and after Lily was finished eating she said she wanted to get up. Then she asked, "where's the question?" After talking for a few minutes we realized she meant, "where's the check?" When she saw it placed on the table she quickly shouted, "now we can get up!" What a funny girl!