Sunday, July 31, 2011

All about Two--Conversations, Pronounciations, and Pretend Play

Having a two-year old is so much fun, I don't want to forget some of the "Lily-isms" that we hear so often. I love her thoughts, her mispronounciations, and her interests. Here are some of the things we see and hear around our house on a daily basis.

Our favorite pronounciations:
flow-wows (flowers)
towter (tower)
gee-ween (green)
b-ne-nanana (banana)

Our favorite sayings:
~Mommy cute, Daddy cute, Lily cute (This is said throughout the day but mostly when we get ready to say our prayers before bed time. Sometimes she adds friends and family to the list. We didn't say this to her, she began it on her own.)

~Lily scared of the bank and carwash. Grandma take Lily to the bank, Daddy take Lily to the carwash. Lily scared. (We're not sure why she's so scared of these things but she doesn't let us forget it).

~Lily fall on the table. Lily bump her head. Lily throw up. (Yes, this happened many months ago and we are still hearing about it).

~Lily helping Mommy with the dishes. Good job Lily, good job Mommy. (Lily loves to help unload the dishwasher and gives us praise for a job well done).

~Daddy hairy chest and daddy hairy legs. (We didn't even know that she knew the word chest when she first said it. I promise I did not teach her this statement).

~I'm sorry or sorry mom. (She often says I'm sorry when she's running around and bumps into you or needs to get by. Instead of saying, excuse me, it's sorry. She sounds so grown up when she says mom instead of mommy).

~Lily ____ for a few minutes. (This is her new stalling technique. If she doesn't want to do what I've asked her, she tells me she's going to read, clean up, build a tower, etc. for "a few minutes"). It's hard not to laugh. And then she'll say "Daddy's not asking" b/c that's what Justin says in reponse to her delays or when she's ignoring us.

~Mommy/Daddy spin the wheel and make the car go. (She says this whenever we get in the car to drive somewhere).

Lily's imagination and pretend play:
~Lily LOVES to walk around in my dress shoes. She'll put on my shoes, find a purse, and find a round lid from the kitchen and tell me she's driving to church. She says that she will spin the wheel to make the car go. Her other destination is to the grocery store. You can see where we spend most of our time.

~Lily loves her music class and just the other day she sat her Little People in a semi-circle and told them "clap" and "music class". Then she asked me to help her sing some of the songs from class. Too funny!

~Lily also likes to pretend we're at the pool. She's found a clear, plastic container that she can stand in and also put some of her toys and Little People into. She says, "let's go to the pool" or "get your toes wet, that's okay" then she'll take the toys out and using one of her potholders from her play kitchen, she dries off the toys.





I'm delighted that she's beginning to entertain herself for small chunks of time during the day. I love that she's pretending, talking more, and learning so much. We're so proud of you Lily!