This week was my last week of wearing my "regular" pants so I am finally wearing my maternity clothes. Pants that fit me pretty well last week were very tight this week. What a difference a week makes! My belly just seemed to pop! Thursday at work I was quite uncomfortable so I broke down and wore sweatpants and a hoodie to work on "casual Friday." I am still waiting for the rest of my maternity pants to come back from the tailor. Unfortunately I was unable to find most pants in petite sizes so I had to take about 6 inches off the length.
Another exciting moment occurred last week when I felt a "fluttering" in my belly for the first time while sitting in a workshop presentation. This week I have felt little movements more regularly, but especially in the evening when I am laying quietly in bed. The fluttering occurs more on the left side of my belly. I can't wait for Justin to finally be able to feel it!
We are anxiously awaiting our next appointment on February 6th. We will finally know if we are having a son or daughter. Actually, we are keeping our fingers crossed that the baby will cooperate. I can't wait to start shopping for baby clothes and nursery decor.
Check back Friday evening for our exciting announcement!
Sarah at 18 weeks, 3 days