Saturday, December 20, 2008

First Trimester

We reached the 12 week mark on December 18th. I am anxious to move into the second trimester and leave the food aversions, lethargy, and morning sickness behind. Justin has been great about picking up the slack around the house since I am useless once I get home from work. My "morning sickness" is really afternoon and evening sickness so Justin cleans, fixes dinner, and takes care of me as soon as he gets home from work. My evenings consist of lying on the couch trying to keep healthy foods down before crawling into bed no later than 9:00. However, my body seems averse to anything healthy--especially any green vegetable and most fruits. I am always able to stomach McDonald's french fries and pretzels are my new snack of choice. Lately, I struggle to keep down my prenatal vitamins as well, so I often resort to Flintstones vitamins which are a little easier on the stomach and also remind me of my childhood breakfasts. I know that I must be close to turning the corner though, because I was able to eat a small salad the other night for dinner (and it actually tasted good!) and I prepared and ate chicken tonight. Though Justin fell sick after dinner...sympathy pains, or is he now trying to upstage me?